Some key-words are:
What is the structure ?
What is the role of Proteins?
- The function of a protein is intrinsically dependent on its structure.
- Since its structure is maintained by combinations of chemical interactions which are individually weak and flexible, the environment in which a protein finds itself can affect its structure.
- Heat and pH affect protein structure.
- The cell uses factors such as phosphorylation or ligand-binding to affect the structure, and therefore the function, of many proteins
- The first discovered Amino Acid was asparagine, in 1806.
- The last, threonine, 1938.
- All the amino acids have trivial or common names, in some cases derived from the source from which they were first isolated.
- Asparagine was first found in asparagus,
- Glutamate in wheat gluten;
- Tyrosine was first isolated from cheese (its name is derived from the Greek tyros, “cheese”); and glycine (Greek glykos, “sweet”) was so named because of its sweet taste.
PVTtim H*A*LL (private team hall)
*Semi essential amino acid
Rest of the materials are found in pdf file. Please, wait in case of slow internet.