for M.Sc. Biotechnology
Long Answer Questions (@7)
- Describe the regulation of cholesterol synthesis.
- Describe the terpenoids biosynthesis.
- Describe the reaction that involves pyridoxal-5-phosphate and explain the mechanism of any one of them.
- Describe the beta-oxidation of odd-chain fatty acids.
- Describe the gluconeogenesis pathway and its regulation.
- Describe the degradation of purine.
- Describe the biosynthesis of flavonoids.
- Describe the urea cycle.
Short Answer Questions (@2)
- Write a brief note on fate of shikimate in metabolism.
- Why alkaloids are imporatant?
- Describe the metabolic role of niacin.
- Describe the link between TCA and urea cycle.
- Explain the mechanism of digestion of carbohydrate in brief.
- What are steroid? Mention their role in metabolism.
- What are the pharmacological role of coumarin?
- Write a short note on monoterpenes.
- Describe allelopathy.
- Biosynthesis of ribose sugar.
Very Short Answer Questions (@1)
- Write a short note on carbamoyl phosphate synthetase?
- Enlist some organic reaction mechanisms.
- Function of biotin.
- What are saponin?
- Write a short note on flavanone.
- Role of carnitine.
- Ascorbic acid