I have been attending some national and international symposiums and getting chance to listen seminars by veterans from many countries. Two weeks ago, I got chance to take part in two inauguration ceremonies in a day. It was really an exciting experience as two inaugurations in a single day. Surprisingly, a distinct way of presentation styles between South Asian scientists and European/American scientists that I have realized, however, may not be interacted with sufficient eminent scientists.
- The sentence starts as, I/my colleague discovered........
- Content : most of the literature survey, and long introduction, and few result.
- Slide filled with most of copied and pasted texts, and definitions.
- Seminar deliver : just read text that written in slide somewhat similar to reading news and make audience sleep.
- Spend time just to define few scientific terms.
- Acknowledge : no or very few.
- Don't care for allocated time limit.
- The sentence starts as, we/our team discovered........
- Content : most of their own result and less literature survey, and short introduction.
- Slide filled with most of pictorial and graphical representation of their experimental findings.
- Seminar deliver : describe picture or graph try to make audience understand of new discovery.
- Spend time using scientific terms to describe the results, science and mechanism.
- Acknowledge : whole team(s).
- Aware of time limit.